A little while ago I posted a small blog on negativity and it was really well received so I thought I would do this little post on how I personally deal with negativity or anything like it that may get me down during my day or week. I thought it would be a good idea to do because I know a lot of us have problems staying positive, I defiantly do form time to time, when we face negative people or situations and I'm hoping this post on how I deal with it will help some of you face it a little easier.
So here are some of my tips for staying positive, make sure you let me know what you think in the comments and if you have any of your own tips I'd love to hear them!
Firstly, when someone or something has become very negative towards me my brain kind of finds it hard to understand why, I get very confused as to why someone would purposely be mean or unfair to me. Don't get me wring here guys, if I have done something to bring on the negative behaviour then I don't get confused as to why its happening, but a lot of the time I do. i'm not sure if it's just me but I find it hard to comprehend why someone would be disrespectful or hurtful towards someone else without just cause. It's a part of human nature I don't think I will ever understand. I know we are all guilty of it, I'm not sating I'm the perfect person and I'm nice all the time, because I know I'm not and I do know its not possible to be nice all of the time, especially on those days where life is just testing you and you're just down right fed up! I get that we all have days like that, because I have them, so I know you all do too.
When this happens to me I find myself thinking 'why the hell am I letting this happen?', it makes me miserable and I don't want to be miserable. So the first thing I do, if its me who has caused the negativity is apologise for causing it and try to resolve the issue. I hate fighting with my friends or family, I am a very open and honest person, if you hurt me you will know you have and if I hurt you I prefer to know I have so I can say I'm sorry and move past it. I know that not every thing can be fixed with sorry but in my mind its a start. Sometimes you think people have hurt you beyond repair, but I believe in second chances, because God knows I've been given a few in my time, you cannot underestimate the power of an apology, I never do and I never will! That is one piece of advice I think everyone should have.
Sometimes no one causes the negative feelings I experience, so when this happens I try to distract myself from it for a while, I watch movies, youtube videos, tv programmes, write in my journal or do a blog post. I know some of you may think distraction only makes the problem go away for a little while but it is a temporary fix for me and it works. It may not work for you, but give it a try and see. It really isn't a permanent solution but I think it helps, for a while at least.
One of my favourite things to do is write, I write down what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling and it really helps me to get the feelings out and put them somewhere else. When I write it down I feel like I don't have to carry it around with me anymore and the day just seems a little brighter, like I've locked those negative thoughts away somewhere else and I don't need to go near them again. I don't know if thats just me... But if it works, it works, right?
Talking about the negative people or thing in your life to a friend or family member really helps too, because if you keep them all to yourself they are just going to keep getting worse and worse until the turn into full blown depression or anxiety. Don't let that happen, it's just not worth the stress... we don't want to be getting grey hairs too early now do we?
Lastly, and my favourite, try to smile. Even when its been a shitty day, try to do something to make you smile. I don't believe its possible to go a day without a smile so you should all keep that mantra too, make sure you get your daily fix! Look up funny videos of cats or dogs or people falling over - I know you all laugh at them! - do anything you like to make sure you smile during the day. It's so important, plus you use less muscles in your face to smile then you do to frown, so why not make less effort?
That's it for this post guys, I hope you enjoyed it and it helped you out in your day a little. Remember these are things that I find helpful to me, so give them a try and if they don't work for you, that's ok, you probably have your own methods of dealing with negativity in your life. I'd love to hear your tips too! Let me know what you thought in the comments below!
Talk soon
xoxo
Quinnzell

No comments:
Post a Comment