So I wanted to do this post because a few weeks ago I was watching one of Desi Perkins' videos and she was showing us how she cleaned her brushes and I saw that one of her methods was to flat out use a bar of un-scented soap and just roll the brush hairs around in it. It would be an understatement to say I was intrigued, so I went out and bought a plain bar of Dove soap and tried out the method myself.
I was blown away by how fast and easy it made cleaning my brushes! It completely converted me into using this as my new method, it only took me ten minutes to do all my brushes, which is fast because I have a lot of them, and they were spotless with no soapy residue left behind.
The way I used to wash my brushes, with baby shampoo, took me forever! I would have to be in the bathroom for what felt like hours at the sink just washing away. Baby shampoo is one of the most common methods of washing brushes, but after using the bar of soap I will probably never go back to it! Now some of you might be thinking 'how did you not know about this already?' but I swear, I didn't and I have even now put it into my weekly routine because it is so fast and easy. if you haven't heard of it or tried it before, go and do it, it will change your life.
I normally wash my personal brushes every week or every two weeks if I'm being lazy, I do however keep my kit brushes for any makeup jobs clean every time I use them. So finding a fast and easy method of cleaning my brushes is always on my mind. I went into boots near where I live and bought the Dove bars of un-scented soap to try out.
When I clean my brushes I do it in the bathroom, not in the kitchen, because its closer to my bedroom, so for me it's easier. I bring all my brushes in and lay out a towel for them to rest on when I have finished cleaning them.
After that I place the brush down on the towel I laid out and continue with the rest. You may have to repeat this again if you are cleaning a particularly dirty brush or a large face brush, but once will do a small brush like an eyeshadow brush. After I have cleaned all my brushes I place them on the towel on a shelf so that I can keep the hairs off the edge, allowing the air to circulate and dry them faster. Never place wet brushes back into your holder for them as the water could seep down into the glue and loosen it, ruining your brushes. Placing them upside down is the best way to keep them in good condition but I don't have anything to do that with so I just lie them down. If you have any ways for placing them upside down let me know!
If you really want to keep the condition of the brush in good shape you can use this method and add a small drop of extra virgin olive oil to the top of the soap before you swirl your brush in it, its like conditioner for your brush hairs, but this step isn't necessary, just personal preference. I honestly can't recommend this method of brush cleaning enough!
Voila! Your done!
If you have any requests for what you would like to see a post on next let me know!
By the way you can now go and follow me on bloglovin!
Talk soon
xoxo
Quinnzell







No comments:
Post a Comment