Hello Everyone!
Welcome back to my little section of the Internet, I hope you all enjoyed my introductory post. I am so very excited to finally be doing blog posts because I have wanted to do them for such a long time. Today's post is about something I did last weekend, I'm sure you have all guessed already from the title. Yes, yes, I (slightly) changed my hair, something I never thought I'd do, but a change has been knocking on my door for a while now so I just bit the bullet and did it.
Let me give you some background. My hair has been blonde ever since I was small, but as I grew older it got darker, and with my milk bottle skin complexion dark hair didn't really suit me. So when I was in my early teens I decided to get a few highlights. It built from there, eventually my head was a blonde masterpiece - with the inconvenience of darker roots of course. It's been that way ever since.
Recently I've been noticing the "hair trend" that is balyage or dip dye and thought I would never give in to changing my mane but the more I saw the style in magazines, on the internet and TV the better it looked and I began thinking maybe it would look good on me. It was terrifying for me to even consider changing my hair, only because it had been one way for so long. If you know what I mean let me know! I felt massive anxiety over it because I was nervous about the change. Last week I took the plunge and did it, I started off root disaster and bright blonde (don't judge)...
and within an hour or two my hair had changed, ever so slightly, to give me what I like to think of as a very natural transition of blonde. I never want to be any other colour than blonde, it's my staple. Do you guys have a staple hair colour or style? If you do, what is it? If not, why not?
I can't tell you how nervous and excited I was at the same time, this was a pretty big change for me and I felt like a five year old with the amount of questions I was asking my stylist. Have you guys ever experienced that?
The end product was so exciting for me. I hadn't looked in the mirror at all before I had it dried and styled, so it was an amazing feeling when I finally saw it!
I didn't want anything too drastic, only a subtle change. The root colour is now a beautiful light brown and the blonde slowly comes in as you fan out from the top of my head with a gorgeous white blonde at the ends of my hair. I was fearful that it would look blocky and was so happy with how it turned out, natural and beautiful!
I'm in love with it!
I am honestly the last person to change anything when it comes to my hair - I got a side fringe once, that was the most exciting thing I ever did!
I know this may sound really silly to some of you but I'm almost positive that many of you have experienced this before and know exactly what I'm talking about!
What do you all think of it? I'd love to know. Do you think I should do anything different next time, like having the brown come down my head more or go darker?
Let me know in the comments!
I hope you all enjoyed reading this post and please let me know if you have ever done anything like this to your hair, subtle or not!
Talk again soon
xoxo
Quinnzell

No comments:
Post a Comment