Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Beauty Products I Cannot Live Without!

Hello Everyone!

Today I thought I would let you all in on my "never leave the house without" beauty products and which ones I like to use at the moment. I spend a lot of time out of the house, either at college or at work so I like to have all of my beauty essentials with me in case of emergencies - yes, I'm one of those girls! 

My first essential is and always will be moisturiser! I cannot get up in the morning or go to bed at night without moisturising my face and neck. If I forget my skin will dry out so quickly and I will feel like a leather bag by the end of the day. I use the Nivea Refreshing Soft Moisturising Cream daily but if I'm feeling a little lazy I'll use the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Oil-Free Foundation Primer before applying my make-up. Does anyone else get seriously dried up skin if they forget to moisturise or am I alone in that struggle? 


Next is foundation, specifically the Rimmel London Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance foundation in 100, Ivory (that's a mouthful). My skin is quite pale and can get very multi-coloured during the day with the weather so I like to create that all-over perfect skin look when I'm out, also this foundation has an SPF of 18 in it, which is really important for me with my skin. Although I don't use make-up everyday I do like to wear it to work to keep me from looking tired and this has been my go to foundation for a couple of months now, I'm enjoying it a lot. What foundations do you recommend? 

The next product I rarely go out without putting on is concealer. As I am so pale, I have very obvious dark circles under my eyes, I'm sure some of you ladies can relate. The one I have found myself reaching for more than anything is the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes with an SPF of 15 (gotta get that SPF). It's not an amazing coverage concealer but it does cover my dark circles without being too harsh on my skin or bunching into fine lines around my eyes. I would recommend it for anyone wanting a light weight concealer. I also use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in fair from time to time, for those of you who want a cheaper alternative to Smashbox, it does the same job but with that added thickness. 


All ladies know this, no girl can live without some form of mascara! If you can, I want to know your secret! I use mascara everyday, switching between a few depending on what I'm doing. For those minimal make-up day I use the Maybelline Great Lash in Very Black, which is an amazing everyday mascara, if you don't have it I really recommend that you go and pick one up. If I want something with a little more volume I use the Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express mascara and if I'm going out after work or on a date ill use the Lancome Hypnose Star mascara to give me that big eyed look. What's your favourite mascara? 


If you're starting to get the feeling that I'm a bit of a make-up junky, you're right. This next product will be predictable, not that the others weren't, but I'm pretty sure any girl who follows today's make-up trends has this in her bag. Eye brow filler. Being a pale skinned blonde, my brow hair is pretty much invisible so I need some help. Those of you who have awesome brows with no need to fill them in or even them out, I envy you! What I use is very simple, the Inglot 17TL angled brush with the Inglot eye shadow in 342, a really pretty light brown shade. Let me know what you use on your brows and what works best for you! 


A thing you would find an abundance of in my hand bag is lipstick or lip butters, even when I'm not wearing make-up, I don't go anywhere without some sort of lip product to keep my lips moisturised. The main ones that you'll always find with me at the moment are MAC Lovelorn, MAC Japanese Maple. Bobbie Brown Bare Pink 9, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter 063 Wild Watermelon and Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter 050 Berry Smoothie. Depending on how I'm feeling I will use all of the above lip products during the week. I know..I'm a bit loony. The first three are lipsticks that I would use going out to lunch, dinner or to work while the last two are lip butters which I would wear on no make-up days or with minimal make-up. I am a small bit obsessed with lip products! What's your beauty obsession?


Spring is in the air at the moment and there is nothing better than having a gorgeous, fresh fragrance to wear during the day to make you feel a million bucks. I change my fragrances depending on the weather and right now I am loving using two particular fragrances. The first is Daisy by Marc Jacobs and the second is Blissful Mistful by Zoella Beauty.
They both have that beautiful fresh spring sent that goes so well when the sun is out and there is nothing but blue skies! I keep at least one in my hand bag at all times right now for instant refreshment when I'm out during the day. What is your favourite fragrance at the moment? Let me know in the comments below.


My last essential isn't really a beauty one, but I always have a pack with me to keep me fresh. Mints or chewing gum (preferably mints). I keep a pack of gum or mints in my bag so that I can take one after I've eaten during the day and be fresh going to college or to work. the only down side to them is when you drink or eat something after you've had one, the mint sensation is colossal! Especially with orange juice. 

So guys, that is everything I take out with me or use on a daily basis. Beauty products I simply cannot live without! 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and it gave you some ideas for products you may like to try yourself. Let me know what you thought down in the comments and if you think I should try some of your favourite beauty products that you can't go without. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Talk soon

xoxo

Quinnzell

No comments:

Post a Comment