So I think its pretty obvious that I love make-up, but you guys don't know where my love for it came from. I thought I'd do this post and let you all know, because unlike most girls, I didn't get the love of it from an older sister or my mom, it was someone I didn't know at all, Taylor Swift.
I didn't actually get into make-up until around 2007 and this was right around the time Taylor Swift appeared - I'll get to that in a little bit. I was a little later than some of the girls I was in school with, they all had make-up from their moms or from older sisters. The top reason for me not wearing make-up was because when I was a teenager I was a competitive swimmer, so makeup wasn't something I ever used because it would just wash off in the pool. I would stick on some mascara every now and again, but it was rare.
I didn't know how to use makeup or what to do with it really until I was about 16, but I couldn't do anything with it really until i was about 18...so late bloomer is an understatement! Despite my incompetence in cosmetics at the time I was a pretty big TS fan, ever since she emerged. I remember the first time I ever thought make-up was something cool, it was when I saw Taylor in the 'Teardrops On My Guitar' music video, The look was so incredible, flawless skin and amazing sparkle on the eyes, with the added gems on the outter corners and down the cheekbone, remembering this was at the time that 'brows' were not a thing. I feel in love with it and since then she has been somewhat of make-up muse to me, her statement red lip, perfect skin and liner is a look I adore and wear a lot all the time.
After I became interested in creating new looks and using makeup more, it was mostly Taylor's videos I took inspiration from, some of my favourite looks are ones from the 'Our Song' and the 'Picture To Burn' videos. I was so interested in re-creating the looks and seeing what they were like on me, you could probably say I wanted to be taylor Swift, but who didn't? It was so much fun doing the looks, even though I was no good at them to start with. I had so much fun doing it and I kept playing around with the cheap make-up I got for my birthday and Christmas every year. It wasn't until I was given my first, expensive mascara from my aunt that I really got addicted. It was the Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara and to this day it is still one of my favourite mascaras for getting amazing volume!
So that's where my infatuation with anything make-up related came from, and since getting into more expensive as well as drug store makeup I have grown out of the TS genre and gone into more mainstream make-up artists and also some avant guard artistry, I love Pat McGrath, and all her work, it's just insane! So much beauty, creativity and totally mind-blowing stuff. She is truly the greatest makeup artist of our time. I look at someone like her and other make-up artists like the ones on Instagram or who work for Vogue and feel s glad to see the work they do. It makes me happy, my happy place is at my dest playing with all the make-up I have, going crazy with the colours and glitter, creating something new, different or sometimes just creepy. I find making yourself into something or someone else by just using make-up amazing and so inspiring. You could be anyone, anything, you wanted, there are no limits, unlike other things in life. Nothing makes me smile as much as a great flawless foundation does, I say that with true sincerity. You may all think I'm crazy or weird but I know you all have one thing that makes you smile no matter what!

I love it so much at this stage that looking at the abundance of make-up I now own mades me feel so happy that I have it. It's my way of getting out what I'm feeling, telling my stories, being creative and feeling free. Everyone I know will tell you, I'm never happier than when I'm doing my make-up. My collection is forever growing and it is my dream to show my work to the world one day, to share it and inspire young people all over the world. It may never happen, but I;m a dreamer so in my mind the possibility is always there. I made this blog so I could share my loves with you all and make-up is most certainly one of my all time true loves.
That's the story of how I fell in love with the artistry of make-up, thats how it happened and how it grew into the, oh-so-fabulous, obsession it is today.
Taylor Swift made me do it.

That's it for this post guys, I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know what makes you happiest down in the comments, it could be friends, family or make-up like me, I'd love to know! If you want me to post more about make-up or anything else let me know too, I always love getting feedback from you!
I'll be back soon with another post, stay tuned!
xoxo
Quinnzellie




No comments:
Post a Comment