Hello everyone!
Before I start this very late post I want to say sorry for being off the grid lately, I've been so busy this past month that I haven't had time to post anything. I am always on my Instagram or Twitter, so if you ever want to ask me any questions or see what I'm up to you can follow me there!
Ok, so with my guilt out of the way lets get into my April Glossybox (I know it's super late!) April was the month of the Iconic Edit and Glossybox brought out four different coloured boxes, all with Marilyn Monroe on the cover. I received the blue box and inside there was a quote by Rita Hayworth saying "One of the secrets of real beauty is simplicity" which I really liked. Inside was five great products and I was super excited to try them out.
The first thing that caught my eye was the Astral Original Face and body Moisturiser, if you read my favourite beauty products post you'll know I'm all about the moisture! I wasn't expecting much from this moisturiser, but I was totally blown away by how great it made my skin feel, its super thick and really hydrating, I would recommend you try it if you love the feeling of hydrated skin all day - who doesn't? It's an iconic product that's been around since the 1950's so its a must try!
Next was the lippy, the Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in 'Kiss'. Again if you've been reading my blog you'll know that I love lip products, so I was so excited to try this out. I wouldn't say its the perfect Marilyn red, like the description does but it is a beautiful, matt orange-red colour that is more than perfect for this time of year. Applying it is simple due to it being a pencil, you can be precise and fill in your entire lip as well with one swipe. The matt texture is a little bit drying but you can help it by applying lip balm under it or to give it a shine, lip-gloss on top.
Keeping with the iconic theme, there was also a eyeliner in April's Glossybox, the POP Beauty Kajal Eyeliner Pen. Really creamy texture and very pigmented, brilliant for creating that cat-eye we all spend hours trying to perfect! However it doesn't smudge very well under the eye and tends to rub off throughout the day, so not the best long-wearing liner. I'm not much of a liner person, but I did like the consistency of this product, I just wish it was more long-wearing.
I was excited about the Model & Co bronze Shimmer that I received in my Glossybox because I love bronzing up my face, as I'm quite pale so that summer glow really helps me out this time of year. It's not only a good bronzer that you can apply with a big fluffy brush to wake your face up a bit, it is also a great contore, which is important in a good bronzing powder. It has a subtle hint of gold shimmer in it to give your face that perfect summer glow without becoming Edward Cullen from Twilight and is really easily blended. I really liked this product, I recommend you try it if your on the hunt for an inexpensive bronzer.
Lastly, I received the Nougat London Luscious Lip Balm also. I love my lip products, no matter what kind, but I was quite disappointed with this one, it smells amazing and its very thick but it doesn't really give the moisture to your lips your looking for in a balm, its hard to lift it out of the pot with your finger and nearly no product comes up. I really had to dig my finger into it to get enough product to apply to my lips. Maybe its just me, but I thought this product was a no-go and wasn't impressed. Let me know if you've ever tried it, if so, did you like it?
Thanks for stopping by everyone, I hope you enjoyed this post.
Let me know what you thought in the comments and give me any ideas you might have for future posts you'd like to see.
Be sure to follow me here or on twitter and instagram so you can stay up to date! I have some exciting posts coming your way very soon!
xoxo
Quinnzell

No comments:
Post a Comment