Hello Everyone!
I hope your all having a great day and keeping well! Sorry I've been M.I.A for a few days, exam season is upon me so you will have to bare with me, until mid-May, then I'm all yours! Keep an eye on this space, I have lots of exciting reads for you coming up pretty soon that I am very excited about and can't wait to share with you all!
Today's post is 'Trend' related, nail trends specifically. I noticed a few of these during the various fashion weeks around the world, in magazines and on-line. I also put in some that I think will be super cute and popular for spring and summer - let me know if you agree.
It's going to be no surprise to any of you when I say pastels and bright colours are the way to go when you want your nails to look super chic and on trend this season. It's spring, what else did you expect? I was coming through the LOOK magazine's website and they had some amazing spring and summer nail colours to choose from.
The Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Pain in 'Eat My Dust' is most certainly one you'll need this season. A beautiful duck egg blue colour which just screams spring and summer to me! I love this nail polish, Barry M are one of my favourite brands when it comes to painting my nails, although a little pricey, you definitely get your money's worth. The only bad thing i could say about this product is that you may need more than one coat of polish on the nail. It honestly is a great nail product.
A cheaper but equally as beautiful is the Model Own Nail Polish in 'Peach Icing'. Probably my favourite out of each product I'll mention in this post. The colour is fantastic and it is just one of the most on trend colours that I have been seeing on People like Tanya Burr, Meghan Rinks and Victoria from Inthefrow. You can rock this polish with or with out a tan and it is so perfect for this time of year, simple yet pretty and girly. If you cant already tell, I'm kind of in love with it. You do need more than one coat, depending on how much you want the colour to stand out, but what nail polish goes on with one coat? I have yet to find one!
Next I saw this great turquoise, blue/green colour and it is the OPI Infinite Shine Nail Lacquer in 'Withstands The Test of Thyme'. For those of us who like to have more of a statement colour on our fingers for spring and summer this gorgeous OPI polish is perfect. It can be worn as an all day look or as a summer night out look, it fits any occasion and has that great OPI quality that so many of us are drawn to. All round great spring/summer must have this year!
As well as these great colour trends for spring and summer there were also some really pretty and unique nail looks floating around fashion weeks and the internet that I thought I'd share with you all and maybe give you some ideas for painting your nails this season!
This is my personal favourite of the bunch. The blurred brush strokes with pastel colours running through is really unique and chic. It has all aspects combines and still manages to look stylishly messy on the nail. You can create this look by pouring small amounts colour on a plate and using a cotton bud or old toothbrush to flick them on the nail, depending on how small or big you want your patches of colour to be. You could even crate the same look with bolder or darker colours for a stand out, statement nail! Let me know what you come up with!
Next is this amazing, perfectly imperfect ombre mani, which is so cute and can be used this season as a great statement nail for when your going somewhere like a spring or summer wedding, a big night out with the girls or on date nights. You can use any colours you like and layer them over one another to create this look, I especially love the gold on the tips, I think it gives the nails such a classy, stylish finish. What do you all think?
Last, but not least, is this really simple grey and navy look. Great for those of us who don't have time to do much with our nails but still would like a nice, classy look for our fingers. I love this last one, it's just so easy and simple to do, it would take ten minutes and you'd have a great spring or summer nail trend ready to go! You can use what ever colour combination you'd like, layer those beautiful spring pastels or those summer bold's. the possibilities are seriously endless with this nail look. The best part is that it isn't restricted to this time of year, like all of the other looks. With a simple change of colours these looks can be used year round!
I really hope you all enjoyed today's post and that it gave you some helpful information for how to style your nails this season! Let me know which colours and look is your favourite and which you'd like to try. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below and be sure to follow me for more beauty trends!
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo
Quinnzell





I definitely love the peach icing colour! I think it would look amazing with a tan! Can you buy it in Superdrug?
ReplyDeleteThose young years,
x
Hey!
DeleteWe don't have superdrug where I live but as far as I know they do stock this!
Thanks for your comment!
xoxo
Quinnzell